2.26.2012

21 months!

I am so happy to report that Dylan (and everyone else) is finally feeling better *knocking on wood*! But with this crazy Texas winter of 50 degrees one day and 75 degrees the next, it's no wonder someone is always feeling a little under the weather. We're all anxiously awaiting the spring weather and more park time (plus Spring Break is only 2 weeks away!).

Last weekend I took Dylan to the library for the first time. He LOVES books and I thought it'd be good for him to get a taste of some different ones since he seems to read the same ones over and over again. He's really enjoyed reading his library books before bedtime, he especially loves Little Critter. We may get to make "library time" a usual thing now!


They had puzzles too!

He really wanted to check-out his books by himself...

Also, Dylan turned 21 months last Sunday. Holy cow, only 3 more months until he turns 2!!! I couldn't believe how tall he's gotten in just 3 months. 



Ever since I made a Valentine's Day banner (and saw how cute it turned out), I have been wanting to make one for Dylan's bedroom door.

Then I just added some letter to spell his name :-)

For Christmas Dylan received a Lightning McQueen racetrack from Grandma & Grandpa B, but he hasn't paid too much attention to it, until recently. For the past 2 weeks, as soon as he wakes up in the morning or as soon as he gets home from school, he runs over to his toy bin and starts pulling out the tracks, asking us to put the track together so he can play with it. I'm not sure where this sudden interest came from, but I'm happy he likes playing with cars.

Keith helped him build a ramp from the couch, making the car go faster...because Daddy always makes things cooler...



Dylan has been so obsessed with music since he was born, really. It must be innate in him (or Daddy's 'Power of Persuasion' is amazing). Whenever he's upstairs playing in his room, he has to have music on. Whenever we're in the car, his CD has to be playing (mostly Baby Einstein or The Laurie Berkner Band...he LOVES her!). Here are a few video's of Dylan enjoying his music...




Last night I was so excited to attend a photog workshop from the very talented Sara Barnes! I've really been inching towards wanting to take that next step to get better at photography and she had some great advice for me. I'm ready to start getting some more practice!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment