3.27.2013

Keira's first few weeks at home...

I can't believe my little girl is going to be 3 weeks on Friday...she's almost a month old!!! I knew time would fly by quickly because it did with Dylan, so I'm trying to enjoy my time at home with Keira while it lasts. Everyone keeps asking how we're doing and how we're adjusting, and honestly, we're doing pretty darn good. Keith is so helpful and continues to be an amazing husband and father, Dylan seems to be enjoying his baby sister (he tries playing with her and holding her, and asks "where's baby?" as soon as he gets home from school), and the cat is happy just being fed everyday. If anything, I've been the one that's had the hardest time adjusting. I'm such a freak, I go crazy when there is no routine or structure in my life...and life with a newborn has no routine or structure. Right now I'm just following Keira's lead and letting her decide when it's time to eat and sleep, but it really gets in the way when I have things I need to do. It kills me to leave dishes in the dishwasher or laundry in the washing machine or not get out when I have errands to run. I was also starting to feel guilty for rocking Dylan's world when he wasn't listening to us like he used to. And when you throw in still trying to heal from surgery, feeding Keira 100 times a day, and never having time to shower, I was starting to have a pretty hard time adjusting. But, as Keith reminded me, this is our last baby, our last time having a newborn and it's going to pass by so quickly. I don't need to be worrying about keeping the house clean, my priority needs to be being there for her and loving her. And once I started realizing I can't be Super Mom and do EVERYTHING by myself, I stopped putting so much pressure on myself and life has been so much better. The house is a constant mess and I never have any clean clothes, but it's okay as long as my family is happy.

Unfortunately Keira is still not back up to her birth weight yet so we'll take her back on Friday to get it checked. But her umbilical cord finally fell off this morning! She's been having more wake times so it's been fun trying to play with her and interact with her. Keith went back to work this week and although we miss him being home with us, we love being home together :-)

Here are Dylan and Keira as newborns...the resemblance is insane!


Pics from St. Patrick's Day...we take this day very seriously in our family!

Dylan playing with his little sister!

Silly Daddy...

Melts my heart...



Love my babies!


Here are some pictures I took of Keira in her Easter tutu...too bad Dylan doesn't want his picture taken right now :-(

And here's Dylan...he went through a short phase where he refused to sleep during nap time and would  just sing instead. Thankfully he's napping again. Such a cutie!

No comments:

Post a Comment