8.15.2011

1st Day of School!!! (or Toddler class...)

I was a nervous wreck last night and this morning thinking about Dylan's drop-off at daycare. WAS he going to cry...HOW MUCH would I cry?!?!? My hope was that he would be too distracted by all of the fun he was having to even notice us leave.

Due to the new time changes for our district I had to be at work at 7:30 this morning, which meant we had to be out the door by 7am, if not earlier. Luckily Keith doesn't have to be at work until 8am, so I think he'll be taking Dylan to school for the rest of the week. As soon as we woke him up and got him dressed we were out the door!

"Mommy, where are we going? And why are you taking pictures of me in the car?" I was stopped at a red light, I swear! Ask Keith, he was in the car behind, rolling his eyes at the camera flashes.

Definitely one of my new favorite pictures! Dylan & daddy walking into school :)

He hesitated a little to go in his room, but once we were able to nudge him in Keith sat him in the table for breakfast. Once I signed him in and wrote his name on everything I forgot to write his name on, we said our good-bye's and left. Dylan was doing fine until I went to go give him a kiss, that was when he wanted me to pick him up and started crying as he watched us leave. But I knew he'd be okay once he started eating again...he loves his yogurt and muffins! And surprisingly, I didn't cry! I missed him so much all day, but he was starting to get so bored at home playing with mommy & daddy that I know he was ready to socialize with others again.

Eating breakfast with his buddy, Jackson! Even Batman gets hungry too...

All morning long I would hear a baby crying and screaming whenever I walked by the daycare hallway and tried so hard to convince myself that it wasn't my baby that was having such a rough day...come to find out it WAS my baby! Dylan didn't have a great 1st day at daycare...he cried all morning and didn't eat or drink a thing. And when they finally got him to drink a little bit of juice, he threw up all over himself. He also only napped for 15 minutes, but that may have been because they forgot his pacifier in his backpack and Dylan must sleep with his paci. His teachers were convinced that he was sick and that something was wrong with his throat, but he immediately drank his entire sippy cup when I gave it to him. I felt awful after I picked him up and cried nearly all the way home. I so wished he would've had a better day, I hate the thought of him sitting there thinking mommy & daddy left him. I deal with these kids every year the first week of school and always tell the parents "they'll be fine" and "they just need to get used to it", but it's so different when it's your own. Needless to say we had a very hungry and tired (not to mention fussy) baby all evening. Keith is taking Dylan to school for the rest of the week so hopefully it'll go better without mommy there. I pray that my little guy has a better day tomorrow...one more bad report and I may have to quit my job! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment