8.09.2011

Hip Hip Hooray, Its a Gymboree Day!

Today was Dylan's last Gymboree class for the summer. I know a lot of people might think that Gymboree is a waste of money and doesn't really help kids at all, but it certainly helped mine. At the beginning of the summer Dylan was barely crawling and didn't appear to have much, if any, tone in his legs. This really worried us because he was already 1-year old and we feared he was falling behind in his gross motor skills. Every week that we went to Gymboree they challenged him to climb on inclines and push the air log and crawl on uneven surfaces. I believe this really helped Dylan tone up and ultimately reach the goal we wanted all along...for him to be able to walk with his friends. As I sat back and watched him walk around the gym so independently, I couldn't help but tear up and be so damn proud of him and thankful to all the amazing staff at Gymboree. Not to mention the fact that I had so much fun playing with him and it was a great place to bring him when he was itching to get out and it was way too hot to go anywhere else. I'm not trying to advertise for this place, just sharing our wonderful experience and recommending you do the same if you can.


Anyway, today was his last class and we had a great time! We actually met another mom/toddler who were sad because it was their last day too. She works for DISD and they live just across the street from us at Castle Hills. These pictures were taken with my iPhone, so I apologize if they're not great.
"Look daddy, I can play basketball too...kind of!"


"Go Dylan!"

"Almost there!"

"Yea!!" All by himself...he never would have been able to do this at the beginning of the summer!


"Mommy, stop with the pictures!"

Crawling up the blocks, like a beast!

He so loved those bubbles...

...and Parachute Time!

Kisses from Gymbo!

And now after a yummy snack of watermelon and yogurt it is finally nap-time. I go back to work on Thursday so I'm enjoying my last 2 days with Dylan...I'm so grateful for such a great summer with him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment