10.15.2011

Pumpkin carving and duckies...

And the fall fun continues!!! We enjoyed our Fair Day/Columbus Day off doing absolutely nothing...it was wonderful :) I seemed to get into another "crafty mood" and decided to create a little foliage for our front porch. I used the 3 pumpkins we bought at the Pumpkin Patch the day before and flowers and a haystack I bought at Michael's. While there I also bought a decorative pumpkin, some fabric, and some ribbon. I cut the letter "M" out of the fabric and super-glued it on the pumpkin. My bow-making skills aren't quite mastered yet so I paid one of the employees in the floral department to make the bow for me. I hated putting it outside!

The rest of the day was spent enjoying cleaning in silence while Keith took Dyaln to the park and to get groceries. While we were waiting for dinner to finish we decided to carve our pumpkin.

Dylan working on his pumpkin...




And the final ensemble on our porch...we let Dylan come back inside though!

After the 3-day weekend, a 4-day work week was a breeze...sort of. This week was pretty busy at work trying to get ready for a crazy week next week, not to mention having to take Dylan to the doctor for ear infections. Antibiotics were so much easier to administer when I could just mix them in his bottle. It's A LOT harder to get him to take it now. Keith had another late night last night so Dylan and I decided to go to the lake and feed some duckies, however we should've know that 5 slices of bread was not going to be enough...not near enough! We must've had about 15 ducks following us around the rest of the time hoping I'd whip out some more yummy, delicious treats (thanks, Nichole) for them. But Dylan thought it was hilarious!






Since Keith had to work again this morning (more band stuff) Dylan and I decided to head over to the mall. First we stopped by the Apple store so I could get a case for my new iPhone...Dylan couldn't decided which one we should get...




Then we stopped by the Play Area so Dylan could play for a while (45 minutes) and share a pretzel...

Then he rode his 1st escalator up and down, and was absolutely fascinated with the handle.


I don't have a lot of pictures of Dylan sleeping, so I'm loving this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment