Thanksgiving and getting ready for Christmas!

This was supposed to be our relaxing week off, unfortunately it wasn't as relaxing as I would have liked. After Dylan suffered through high fevers all last weekend without eating or sleeping much, we took him in to see the doctor on Monday. Turns out he had 2 ear infections and his throat looked pretty irritated. Once he started his antibiotics his fevers went away and he started sleeping through the night again. On Wednesday we meet the Adamo's at the Perry House to take some holiday family pics, and I think they turned out great!

Later that day Keith's parents and Stacey arrive from Houston to spend Thanksgiving with us. Plus they brought Rory, the new puppy in the family. With 2 bottles of Sangria chilling in the fridge, I was looking forward to a fun holiday with family.
Dylan watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Poor baby was so entertained with all the marching bands...he doesn't stand a chance!

Rory sitting like a good girl! Dylan loved playing with Rory...it was definitely fun to watch.

Grandpa S enjoying some adult beverages while Thanksgiving lunch/dinner cooked.

Dylan's turkey from school :)

And of course playing with mommy's iPhone while waiting for the food to be ready...it's amazing how well he can work our iPhones and iPads on his own...he is SO my child!

And finally enjoying his first real Thanksgiving meal (not pureed)...yum!

But of course, with my luck, I decided to get a fever of 102 right before the food was ready. I wasn't able to eat much and laid on the couch for the remainder of the day as my fever slowly rose, even with DayQuil and Advil. By that night it was up to 104 and I was not feeling okay. The next morning I went to see my doctor who said it sounded like I had the flu and it looked like I had strep, however both tests came back negative. He still prescribed me an antibiotic and cough syrup as well as a steroid shot, and after spending most of the day in bed, I finally started feeling better by the evening. Unfortunately that meant no Black Friday shopping for me :( Thank goodness my wonderful in-laws were in town to help Keith. They helped him cook Thanksgiving, clean up the mess afterwards, and take care of Dylan...I'm so grateful! That night we were at least able to put the lights on the tree.

Yesterday we finished decorating the house for Christmas...it's the most wonderful time of the year!!! Dylan was such a good helper, however he still doesn't realize that the ornaments need to stay on the tree...especially the ones that have his pictures and the cat's pictures on them.
Helping daddy with some ornaments...

Dylan didn't want to put up "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" ornament...he thought it was actually the book and wanted to read it.

Unpacking some boxes...

Trying to stand both snowmen up...

Yea Dylan!

Today Joey and Dylan helped Keith put the lights up outside. We still need to buy some more outdoor decorations (apparently what we've been using the past few years isn't going to cut it anymore), but other than that, we're ready for Santa!!!
Helping Daddy with the lights...

Not enjoying it...

Then running away..."you can't make me work, I'm only one!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment