9.05.2011

Labor Day Weekend

School has officially started for everyone and we are finally starting to get back in the swing of things. Dylan has been doing amazing when dropped off, and aside from his little issue of biting his friends, he seems to be having a good time at school. He's also starting to pitch in with the house work, like helping to feed the cat and fold the laundry...




Well I guess Mother Nature read my last blog and finally decided to help us out with this nasty heatwave here in North Texas. A cold front came through this weekend and we've had amazing weather the past 2 days. We were able to take Dylan to the park yesterday! We hadn't been there since early June, before Dylan was able to walk and run around, so it was so fun to see how much more he was able to do on his own. He was even able to go down the big slide all by himself!


Today was Labor Day so we decided to spend our day off at the Dallas Arboretum. I've wanted to take Dylan there all summer but couldn't with the extreme heat, so I was so excited to finally get the chance. Plus Joey came down for the 3-day weekend, so I was happy he could join us too.
Ever since I received this sweater vest from my friend Nicole I've been dying to put it on him... I think he looks adorable!!!

 Dylan's favorite part was playing in the water with daddy :)




And also running down the hill making daddy and Uncle Joey chase after him...



He was extremely annoyed by the camera at first (but why!?!? It's been in his face his entire life!), but he warmed up to it.

Again, he loved playing with the water...



But where's Dylan?!

There he is!!!


My new favorite thing is making picture collages on Lightroom 3...

We had a great time but were exhausted when it was over. I'm so happy we finally had a chance to do this...and that I have such a photogenic husband and son :) Now the only thing better than a 3-day weekend is a 4-day work week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment