1.10.2012

New year, new home!

I love to organize...if I could quit my job and become a professional organizer (with some photography on the side) I would do it in a heartbeat! So with the New Year I decided to start updating some "not so organized" areas around the house. The main areas I wanted to target immediately where the laundry closet, refrigerator, and mail area.

Before

After
Unfortunately we don't have a laundry room, just a closet, so I really had to make some space for everything. I love these bins I found at Target. I'm also waiting on Keith to paint the bottom board white *hint, hint*.

Before

After
I removed some clutter and pictures on the fridge.

Before

After
I removed the mesh organization to make some space on the countertop and moved it all into my new wall organization from Pottery Barn.

I love it!!!


Another fun find was this basket. Michael's was having a sale of 40% off all baskets, so I picked one up for Dylan's downstairs blanket (so we can play "night, night") and his stuffed animals.

Some other areas I want to update/organize are my desk area, Dylan's room and closet, Dylan's toy area downstairs, kitchen pantry, and Keith's closet (if he'll let me...and he will). So keep posted on my upcoming projects!

This past weekend we finally took "Christmas" down and Keith tackled all of the leaves on the front/back yards. Dylan helped him...







He also got some snuggle time in with the kitty...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pics of Dylan playing in the leaves and your new wall organizer from Pottery Barn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a big *sigh* of relief you must have uttered after getting all these done! All in all, it just doesn't take THAT much time to do it and its amazing how much better it makes us feel. I just did B's closet over the break and it feels amazing to have it organized. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete